'FF takes on Jamie' Barbecued Chicken Dim Sum!

/ Leave a Comment
The first recipe I attempted for my 'FF takes on Jamie' are his barbecued chicken dim sum. I absolutely love asian food and as a result I cook a LOT of it. I have never made dim sum (or buns) before so this was a first for me and I must say they were delicious!


The bun was moist and soft and with the combination of the barbecue sauce which was absorbed throughout the whole bun, it was salty yet sweet. It was mouth-watering! Or as Jamie Oliver would say, 'absolutely gorgeous!'


Barbecued Chicken Dim Sum

Serves 8

3 fresh chillies
4 spring onions
300g shredded cooked chicken, can be left over roast chicken or boiled chicken
1/2 a small bunch of fresh coriander
1 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
5 tbsp Masterfoods barbecue sauce
1 lime
500g White Wings self raising flour
400 ml milk, you can use coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Slice the chillies and spring onions and place in a bowl of cold water until they curl.

Finely chop the coriander. Combine the shredded chicken, chopped coriander, ginger, barbecue sauce, lime. Put aside.

Combine the flour and the milk. The dough should be sticky as this makes it light and fluffy.

Transfer onto a flour dusted surface and roll the dough into a log, add more flour if it is too sticky.

Cut into 16 slices, roll then flatten into round circles. Fill each circle with a heaped tablespoon of the filling, pinch together then roll into a ball.

Place your ready buns into oiled double cased cupcake cases and place into a bamboo steamer.

Fill your wok with 2 cm of water and let it boil. Once boiled place your bamboo steamer on top of the wok. Steam it for 12 mins or until cooked.

Drain then scatter the spring onions and chilli on top of the buns and serve with the sauce of your choice.

Note:
I found it really hard to use the dough as it constantly stuck to my hands, so I placed a little drop of oil onto my hands and found that the oil made it so much easier to use. Alternatively, you can use extra flour.

Please try it and tell me what you think in the comments below! Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.